The Institute organises about 10 conferences a year. Rather than large, impersonal gatherings, IMA conferences tend to be smaller and more specialist, often attracting people from a variety of different backgrounds with a common interest. As such, networking is readily achieved and new viewpoints on a particular topic may be gained in relaxed surroundings.
However, the Conference Programme Committee works to ensure that topics are of current interest so that new research can be presented and discussed. A number of conferences feature regularly in the programme, including the Early Career Mathematicians meeting which is designed to give students and mathematicians near the start of their careers an introduction to the experience of conferences.
Terms and Conditions for booking a conference:
- The Institute is necessarily committed to expenditure when conference places are booked and the following rules apply:
- Cancellations received in writing 5 weeks prior to the conference will receive a full refund less £15.00 administrative handling charge.
- Cancellations received 5-3 weeks prior to the conference, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 3 weeks prior to the conference, no refund will be made.
- Any changes to this booking will incur an additional administration charge of £10.00.
Details of our current programme of events.
Information for conference organisers about running a conference with the IMA.
A complete list of conference proceedings published on or on behalf of the Institute and help for authors producing a conference paper in LaTeX or Word.
This section provides information, reports and proceedings from past Institute of Mathematics and its Applications conferences.
Details on how to apply to the IMA to co-sponsor your event.