3rd IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation
Date: Monday 10 September - Wednesday 12 September 2012
Location: University of Birmingham
The IMA and the University of Birmingham are pleased to announce the 3rd IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation.
The success of modern codes for large-scale optimisation is heavily dependent on the use of effective tools of numerical linear algebra. On the other hand, many problems in numerical linear algebra lead to linear, nonlinear or semidefinite optimisation problems. The purpose of the conference is to bring together researchers from both communities and to find and communicate points and topics of common interest.
Conference topics include any subject that could be of interest to both communities, such as:
- Direct and iterative methods for large sparse linear systems.
- Eigenvalue computation and optimisation.
- Large-scale nonlinear and semidefinite programming.
- Effect of round-off errors, stopping criteria, embedded iterative procedures.
- Optimisation issues for matrix polynomials.
- Fast matrix computations.
- Compressed/sparse sensing.
- PDE-constrained optimisation.
- Applications and real time optimisation.
Organising Committee Members
Michal Kocvara, University of Birmingham, SIAM Representative (chair)
Daniel Loghin, University of Birmingham (co-chair)
Jacek Gondzio, University of Edinburgh
Nick Gould, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Jennifer Scott, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Andy Wathen, University of Oxford
Registration is now open
If you have any queries regarding this conference or would like to register your interest, please contact Lizzi Lake, Conference Officer, E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0) 1702 354020, Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, Catherine Richards House, 16 Nelson Street, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1EF.